Dear Parents and Carers
The building alterations over the summer break have gone well and we are due to open as expected on Monday 5th September. At times it has felt a bit like ‘Grand Designs meets DIY SOS’ but we’ve made it! After a final sweep round this morning (Saturday 3rd) the vans are gone, the furniture is in and we can’t wait to see everyone again. Here are a few reminders to make sure everyone enjoys a smooth start to the new term;
- Children can go straight to their classrooms from 8.45 am onwards and need not line up or wait on the playground. By 9 am we expect everyone to be in their classrooms and for parents to be off site.
- Early Years – The staggered start timetable has been circulated and the start dates for all children have been issued. Please make your way down to the Early Years area through the green gate at the far end of the Key Stage 1 playground.
- KS1 – Access to Year 1 and Year 2 classrooms will be straight from the KS1 playground.
- KS2 – In order to keep everyone safe we are avoiding the area around the back of the hall. There are still some foundations to be dug and the presence of heavy machinery makes that area very dangerous for the next few weeks. Temporarily, KS2 children will come into the building through the KS2 playground toilets and make their way through to their classrooms. At the end of the day, classes will come out through the same doors and we’d ask parents to stand back behind the pencils to allow room for children to be handed over safely.
- Until the bike shelter is relocated, bikes and scooters may be left against the right-hand playground fence as you come in through North Lane, and KS1 scooter racks are all still available.
We look forward to seeing you all again on Monday.
N J White